COLONEL KRISTINA D. FORBES
Colonel Kristina Forbes is Commander , 446th Airlift Wing, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Washington. She provides leadership to fulfill the 446th ASTS wartime mission to deploy personnel, providing nursing and specialty functions of up to a 250-bed Expeditionary Readiness Patient Staging Facility. The ASTS is fully capable of rapidly deploying resources for mental health triage and traumatic stress management, critical care expertise on aeromedical evacuation missions, as well as environmental and disease assessments at employed locations. She oversees training and credentialing of providers and chairs the Executive Management Committee.
Colonel Forbes was commissioned in 1995 and completed Flight Nurse qualification in June 1996. She achieved her Bachelor Sciences of Nursing at University of Phoenix with Honors, and has an Associates Arts degree in Emergency Medical Services. Further, she accomplished her Master’s degree through Air Command and Staff College, specializing in Military Operational Art and Science, and received the Reserve Component Distinguished Research Award for Aeromedical Evacuation Care in the Air. She maintains qualifications as a Registered Nurse with 23 years of experience as an Aeromedical Evacuation Flight Nurse, Examiner-Instructor, facilitating standardization/evaluations and flight currency for assigned Flight Nurses. Additionally, she is an Advanced Cardiac Life Support and Basic Life Support Training Site Faculty Member with over ten years of experience as an appointed Military Training Network Program Director. As a civilian, she is a certified Paramedic-RN-Firefighter with over 34 years of prehospital critical care experience. During her joint career, Colonel Forbes was awarded Officer of the Quarter, Wing Officer of the Year, and recognized by the Veterans of Foreign Wars as Washington State Paramedic of the Year.
As a flight Nurse, Colonel Forbes has flown AE missions on the C-17, C-130, and KC-135 aircraft. She has attained the Chief Nurse Flight Badge with over 1675 flight hours, including 470 combat hours.
1984 Paramedic Certification, Tacoma Community College, Tacoma, Wash.
1991 Associates Arts in Emergency Medical Services, Tacoma Community College, Tacoma, Wash.
1993 Associates Arts in Nursing, Tacoma Community College, Tacoma, Wash.
1996 Medical Indoctrinate, Officer Training School (OTS), Flight Nurse Qualification, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2004 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2007 Baccalaureate Science in Nursing-Honor Graduate, University of Phoenix, by correspondence
2012 Master of Military Operational Arts and science, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2016 Air War College-Excellence Achievement, Maxwell AFB, Ala, by correspondence
2016 Chief Nurse and Functional Manager Course, Robins AFB, Ga.
2017 Nursing Practice Oversight Course, San Antonio, Texas
2017 High Potential Officer and Enlisted Course, DHA, Va.
2018 Nursing Practice Oversight Course, San Antonio, Texas
2018 Squadron Commander Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2018 John Maxwell Team, Mentorship Certification Program, Orlando, Fla.
1. September 1995 - Flight Nurse, 446 AES, McChord AFB, Wash.
2. September 1996 - March 2003; Officer in Charge (OIC) Disaster Preparedness, Mass Casualty Exercise Planner, Medical Readiness, 446th AES, McChord AFB, Wash.
3. March 2003 - September 2003; Medical Crew Director, Aeromedical Operations Team (AEOT) support, 379th Expeditionary Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron, Qatar
4. September 2003 - August 2005; OIC/Program Director of ACLS-BLS-EMT programs, 446th AES, McChord AFB, Wash.
5. August 2005 - April 2006; OIC of AEOT, 779th Expeditionary Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron, Ramstein AB (OPERATION IRAQI FREEDOM-OIF)
6. April 2006 - August 2008; Clinical Management Flight Commander, Deputy Chief Nurse, 446th AES, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.
7. August 2008 - January 2009; Medical Crew Director, Flight Nurse Instructor, 10th EAEF, Ramstein AB, (OEF).
8. January 2009 - September 2010; Clinical Management Flight Commander, Deputy Chief Nurse, JBLM, Wash.
9. September 2010 - January 2011; Medical Crew Director, 10th EAEF, Ramstein AB, (OEF)
10. January 2011 - February 2014; Clinical Management Flight Commander, Deputy Chief Nurse, Flight Nurse Examiner, JBLM, Wash.
11. February 2014 - August 2014; Chief Nurse Executive, 10th EAEF, Ramstein AB, (OEF)
12. September 2014 - June 2016; Chief of Standardization and Evaluations, 446th AES, JBLM, Wash
13. June 2016 - May 2017; Chief Nurse Executive, 446th AES, JBLM, Wash.
14. May 2017 - September 2017; Chief Nurse Executive, 455th EAES, Bagram AB (FREEDOM SENTINEL and NATO Resolute Support mission).
15. September 2017 - July 2018; Chief Nurse Executive, 446th AES, JBLM, Wash.
16. July 2018 - Present; Aeromedical Staging Squadron, Commander, 446th ASTS, JBLM, Wash.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with one oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant September 1995
First Lieutenant September 1997
Captain October 2001
Major May 2006
Lieutenant Colonel September 2012
Colonel June 2018
(Current as of December 2018)