COLONEL KIRSTEN M. PALMER
Colonel Kirsten M. Palmer is commander of the 446th Maintenance Group, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash. As group commander, she is responsible for directing all aircraft and equipment maintenance support for three squadrons of C-17 Globemaster III aircraft, as well as the quality and quantity of training for over 400 Reservists, ensuring they are prepared to perform the wing's mission in peacetime and during combat.
Colonel Palmer received her commission from the U.S. Air Force Academy in May 1995. She was responsible for the Joint Logistics Operations Center (JLOC) within the National Military Command Center (NMCC) and served as the Assistant Deputy Director for Current Operations in the Joint Staff Directorate of Logistics in the Pentagon. Her weapon system experience includes C-130s, A-10s C-9s, C-17s and KC-135Rs.
1995 Bachelor of Science Degree in Management, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo.
1999 Master of Business Administration, University of Phoenix, Ariz.
2001 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2005 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2011 Advanced Joint Professional Military Education, Norfolk, Va.
2013 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2017 Master of Science degree in National Resource Strategy with concentration in supply chain management, National Defense University, Ft. McNair, Washington, D.C.
1. October 1995 - June 1999, Sortie Support Flight commander; Maintenance Flight commander; Sortie Generation Flight commander, 42nd Airborne Command and Control Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
2. July 1999 - June 2001, Commander, Detachment 17, 372nd Training Squadron, Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany
3. July 2001 - July 2002, Squadron Maintenance officer, 75th Airlift Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany
4. August 2002 - July 2003, Maintenance Operations officer, 86th Maintenance Operations Squadron, Ramstein AB, Germany
5. August 2003 - February 2005, Maintenance Operations officer, 437th Maintenance Squadron, Charleston AFB, S.C.
6. March 2005 - April 2006, executive officer to the commander, 437th Airlift Wing, Charleston AFB, S.C.
7. May 2006 - June 2007, readiness analyst, Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations, Plans and Requirements, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
8. July 2007 - January 2010, Transformation and Integration chief, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installation, and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
9. February 2010 - November 2011, Nuclear Logistics Integration chief, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Installation, and Mission Support, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
10. December 2011 - June 2013, commander, 459th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
11. July 2013 - July 2016, Logistics Initiatives Branch chief, Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics, Engineering and Force Protection, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
12. August 2016 - June 2017, student, The Eisenhower School for National Security and Resource Strategy, Ft. McNair, Washington, D.C.
13. July 2017 - July 2018, Assistant Deputy director, Operations Logistics, Logistics Directorate, Joint Staff, the Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
14. August 2018 - present, commander, 446th Maintenance Group, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
AF Organizational Excellence Award with five oak leaf clusters
AF Outstanding Unit Award
National Defense Service Medal with device
Armed Forces Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 31, 1995
First Lieutenant May 31, 1997
Captain May 31, 1999
Major Aug. 1, 2005
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 30, 2011
Colonel March 31, 2017
(Current as of August 2018)