CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT KYLEE ENGEL
Chief Master Sergeant Kylee Engel is the Command Chief, 446th Airlift Wing, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash. She advises the commander and staff on matters of health, morale, welfare, training, professional development and utilization of over 1,350 enlisted personnel. The chief serves as the commander’s representative on councils, boards, and military and local civilian community events. She functions as the liaison and spokesperson between the enlisted force and the commander.
Chief Engel entered the United States Air Force in July 1998, graduating the Supply Apprentice Coarse at Lackland Air Force Base, Texas, in December 1998. She served seven years on active duty before becoming an Air Force Reservist. In 2013, Chief Engel was selected as the inaugural Superintendent of the 419th Fighter Wing’s Inspector General Office. During this time, she established the Commander’s Inspection Program for both Air Force Reserve Command’s 419th Fighter Wing and Air Combat Command’s 388th Fighter Wing at Hill Air Force Base, Utah. She has served in numerous roles including Pick and Delivery, Warehouse Management, and Combat Oriented Supply Operations. Prior to her current position, Chief Engel served as the superintendent of the 445th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio.
Chief Engel deployed in 2003 in support of Operation ENDURING FREEDOM supporting C-130 and KC-135 aircraft as the Non-Commissioned Officer-In-Charge of Combat Oriented Supply Operations. In her civilian capacity, the Chief is the Deputy Chief, 388th Wing Plans and Programs Office, Hill Air Force Base, Utah.
2001 Airman Leadership School, Dyess Air Force Base, Texas
2007 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2009 Noncommissioned Officer Leadership Development Course, Hill AFB, Utah
2012 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Leadership Development Course, Buckley AFB, Colo.
2013 Senior Noncommissioned Officers Academy, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala., by correspondence
2014 Associate degree in Applied Science, Logistics Management, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2014 Bachelor of Science, Technical Management, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University (Minor in Logistics), Daytona, Fla.
2014 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
2015 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education, by correspondence
2018 Master of Science, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Embry Riddle Aeronautical University, Daytona, Fla.
2019 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II, by correspondence
2019 Chief Master Sergeant Orientation Course, Air Force Reserve Command, Robins AFB, Ga.
2019 Joint Chief Master Sergeant Orientation Course, Maxwell AFB-Gunter Annex, Ala.
1. December 1998–September 2000, Supply Apprentice, 35th Supply Squadron, Misawa AB, Japan
2. October 2000–September 2001, F-16 Supply Technician, 14th Fighter Squadron, Misawa AB, Japan
3. October 2001–January 2005, Assistant NCOIC Combat Supply Operations, 317th Maintenance Group, Dyess AFB, Texas
4. February 2005–October 2007, NCOIC Supply Management, 86th Aerial Port Squadron, McChord AFB, Wash.
5. November 2007-August 2008, NCOIC Engine Material Management, 419th Maintenance Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
6. September 2008–June 2010, NCOIC AMU Support Specialist, 419th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
7. July 2010-May 2013, Unit Deployment Manager, 419th Maintenance Group, Hill AFB, Utah
8. June-2013-January 2016, Superintendent Wing Inspection, 419th Fighter Wing, Hill AFB, Utah
9. February 2016-March 2019, Superintendent Services Flight, 419th Force Support Squadron, Hill AFB, Utah
10. April 2019 – June 2021, Squadron Superintendent, 445th Logistics Readiness Squadron, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
11. June 2021 – Present, Command Chief, 446th Airlift Wing, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Air Force Meritorious Service Medal with one oak leaf cluster Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Jan. 29, 1999
Airman First Class Nov. 29, 1999
Senior Airman Jan. 29, 2001
Staff Sergeant Aug. 1, 2002
Technical Sergeant Feb. 1, 2008
Master Sergeant July 1, 2011
Senior Master Sergeant Aug. 1, 2014
Chief Master Sergeant April 1, 2019
(Current as of June 2021)