Chief Master Sergeant Kenellias C. Smith is the Command Chief Master Sergeant for the 446th Airlift Wing, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash. He advises the commander and staff on matters of health, morale, welfare, training, professional development and utilization of nearly 2,200 enlisted personnel. The chief serves as the commander's representative on councils, boards, and selected military and local civilian community events. He functions as the liaison and spokesperson between the enlisted force and the commander.
Chief Smith enlisted in the Air Force Reserve Aug.18, 1988 and has served in aircraft maintenance on both the A-10 and B-52 air frames with the 917th Wing, Barksdale Air Force Base, La. He also served as the 301st Maintenance Squadron’s Superintendent at the 301st Fighter Wing, Air Force Reserve Command, Naval Air Station Fort Worth Joint Reserve Base, Texas. With the 301st FW, he deployed to the Republic of Korea as the Maintenance Squadron and Group Superintendent.
1991 Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory Correspondence Course
1999 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Keesler AFB, Ms.
2002 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2003 A.A.S. degree in Maintenance Technology, Community College of the Air Force
2005 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Leadership Course, Homestead AFB, Fla.
2008 B.S. degree in Tech Mgmt. and Finance, DeVry University, Irving, Tex.
2010 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education Correspondence Course
2010 MBA degree Business and Finance, Keller University, Chicago, Ill.
2011 Reserve Component National Security Course, Washington, D.C.
2011 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force
2012 Chief Orientation Course, Robins AFB, Ga.
2013 Finance and Process Mgmt. Certification, Villanova University, Villanova, Pa.
1. January 1989 – March 1989, Student, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. March 1989 – July 1989, Student, Technical Training School, Chanute AFB, Ill.
3. July 1989 – September 1998, Propulsion Technician, Barksdale AFB, Shreveport, La.
4. September 1998 – June 2003, Propulsion Flight Chief, Barksdale AFB, Shreveport, La.
5. June 2003 – June 2006, Propulsion Section Chief, Barksdale AFB, Shreveport, La.
6. June 2006 – October 2008, Maintenance Analysis Superintendent, Barksdale AFB, Shreveport, La.
7. October 2008 – February 2011, Propulsion Section Chief, Carswell AFB, Texas
8. February 2011 – October 2016, Maintenance Squadron Superintendent, Carswell JRS, Texas
9. October 2016 – present, Command Chief, 446th Airlift Wing, Joint Base Lewis-McChord, Wash.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with three oak leaf clusters
Air Reserves Forces Meritorious Service Medal with seven oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
Air Force Longevity Service with hour glass device
USAF NCO PME Graduate Ribbon with one oak leaf cluster
2006 AFRC Senior Noncommissioned Officer Leadership Course Facilitator
2008 917th Analysis Superintendent Achievement Award
2012 Air Force Reserve Citizen Airman of the Year
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Airman First Class August 1988
Senior Airman September 1989
Staff Sergeant March 1990
Technical Sergeant May 1995
Master Sergeant January 2000
Senior Master Sergeant April 2007
Chief Master Sergeant March 2012
(Current as of November 2016)